Floki Announces Partnership with Legendary Formula 1 Team Alfa Romeo
The Floki team’s legendary 2021 marketing campaign changed crypto forever, and the work continues as we race forward in 2022. We’ve already announced two months of television ads in Turkey and the United States, which accelerates our goal of global brand recognition.
The Floki Vikings won’t rest until “Floki” is a household name. The only question is: how quickly can we get there?
Floki Races Ahead, Partnered with Legends
Floki is extremely proud to announce our latest strategic partnership with legendary Formula 1 Racing team Sauber Motorsport, the driving force behind Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN team.
“Floki’s distinctive branding will feature on rear end wing plates of both Alfa Romeo F1 Team ORLEN cars for the full 2022 season. Floki will also be a sponsor of Alfa Romeo’s championship winning esports team. The partnership continues Floki’s global promotion that has seen the brand being heavily advertised around the world in mainstream media, international transport networks, and with many of the world’s top football clubs including Napoli, Bayer Leverkusen, Spartak Moscow and Fenerbache.” — Sauber Motorsport AG
Formula 1 is a sport in which only the toughest survive, so it makes sense that a project like Floki — famously defined by legendary comebacks and incomparable community resolve — should make this strategic move.
Alfa Romeo Car Reveal, Sunday February 27th
The timing of this year’s Alfa Romeo car reveal is as follows:
- 9am CET: media release of CGI imagery and video of the C42. Release of Media Press pack. Sharing of images and videos on social media. All CGI imagery and videos, including the drivers’ interviews, are made available to all partners.
- 9:30am CET: Virtual press conference featuring the drivers (Bottas, Zhou, Kubica, Team Principal and Technical Director. To be broadcast on YouTube.
- Throughout the Day: 1-to-1 media interviews for drivers, Team Principal and Technical Director.
Floki + Alfa Romeo 2022 Partnership Summary
This exciting partnership means:
- Floki’s distinctive branding will feature on rear end wing plates of both Alfa Romeo Formula 1 Team ORLEN cars for the full 2022 season, with a record 23 rounds from March until November anticipated to reach an incredible 1.5 billion people.
- With Guanyu Zhou making his Formula 1 debut in 2022 as the first ever Chinese driver in Formula 1 alongside Valtteri Bottas, it is going to be an amazing breakout season for the sport.
- Floki will also sponsor Alfa Romeo’s championship winning esports team.
Formula 1 by the Numbers
Here are a few of the many reasons behind Floki’s groundbreaking decision to partner with this legendary Formula 1 team:
- The sport is broadcast to 170 territories with an average TV viewership of 87 million per race and cumulative audience of 1.5 billion people.
- The season of races spans 22 countries and five continents. Formula 1 is truly a global sport.
- This is the first year Formula 1 is anticipated in Miami, which is a key and famously expanding crypto market. This means two races in the United States for the season, Miami on 06–08 May and Austin on 21–23 October.
The China Connection
Guanyu Zhou is a new, highly anticipated Alfa Romeo team driver from China. His talent will open the Chinese market and attract added attention to the team and Floki. Zhou’s profile will increase dramatically through the course of the season.
For reference, Yao Ming’s basketball career in Texas doubled and then tripled the NBA’s fan base, conquering the Chinese market like no other sport. This connection to Zhou via sponsorship is especially significant for Floki’s marketing aims, as we will reach a Chinese audience where restrictions mean we can’t promote the project with traditional methods.
Floki’s Drive to Survive
Netflix’s wildly popular Drive to Survive series has recently opened up Formula 1 to a new demographic. Drive to Survive is the number one show in 27 markets, with an audience of 70% in the 18/34 category.
“Netflix have dropped the March release date for Season 4 of Formula 1: Drive To Survive. The long-awaited fourth season, out on March 11, builds on the success of the first three seasons as cameras once again go behind the scenes to capture the dramatic 2021 championship with a typically unprecedented level of production.” — formula1.com
More Digital Reach Takes Floki Into High Gear
Floki’s sponsorship also includes the Alfa Romeo eSports team. Formula 1 eSports generates 23.5m YouTube views and is the fastest growing sport on digital platforms 2 years running — with a 36% channel following and a 101% increase in engagements year over year, as well as 47% more video views of Formula 1 content online.
Floki already trends regularly across social platforms through the power of our rabid community. This move into eSports will only add fuel to the Floki Vikings’ fire.
Floki and the Future of Crypto
This partnership is one of many hotly anticipated moves for Floki, as we develop our flagship play to earn game (Valhalla) and work to bring crypto to the masses. Learn more about what moves “the people’s crypto,” including our charitable initiatives, at floki.com.